Visiting Samara Beach during these dates? Feb - March or June – Aug and Oct - Mid Dec.
If so, You’re in Luck! Welcome to the Massage Therapy Mecca of Costa Rica!
The Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy, the Premier Study Abroad Massage Therapy School in Costa Rica, is located right here in the heart of Samara Beach! CRSMT prepares American and International Students for U.S. National Board Certification.
In order for the students to complete their training, they need to acquire experience by providing several massage therapy sessions to the general public. The CRSMT Samara Massage Center provides 1200 massages per year to the Samara Beach Community, and its Guests at very affordable rates.
Clients receive exceptional and professional Massage Therapy in the artfully decorated, tranquil Center, every Monday through Thursday from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. The cool, private, and peaceful treatment rooms are a welcome escape from the heat. To book your appointments, please stop by the Center, or call during business hours.
The 2013 rate for a one Hour Massage Therapy Session with a Student Therapist is only $30!
Physical Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
relieve stress and aids relaxation
Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
Reduces muscle spasms
Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
Enhances athletic performance; treats injuries caused during sports or work
Promotes deeper and easier breathing
Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
Reduces blood pressure
Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
Strengthens the immune system
Treats musculoskeletal problems
Rehabilitation post operative
Rehabilitation after injury
Mental Benefits of Massage Therapy
Fosters peace of mind
Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
Helps relieve mental stress
Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
needs for caring nurturing touch
Fosters a feeling of well-being
Reduces levels of anxiety
Creates body awareness
Increases awareness of mind-body connection
What to expect from your treatment
When you come to the massage center to receive a massage, you can expect a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable experience. The Samara Massage Center has a very comfortable atmosphere with soothing music, and aromatherapy. When you arrive you will need to fill out some paperwork, read and sign the policies, and make payment. Your student therapist will greet you in the waiting room and will ask you some brief questions about your general health, you will discuss what kind of massage is best suited for your needs. After your intake interview, your student therapist will escort you to the treatment room and you will have complete privacy so that you may disrobe to your comfort level and get on the table. Usually, people with either choose to leave on their undergarments or will completely disrobe. You will be under the sheet and blanket for the entire session and the therapist will keep you properly covered.
In a few moments the student therapist will return and begin the massage. During the massage the therapists will only undrape (uncover) the area of the body they are working on, to assure your comfort and privacy. Throughout the massage they will check in with you to make sure that you're comfortable and that they are using the appropriate pressure.
At some point during your massage, a senior instructor will knock at the door and will enter the treatment room. This is so that the student therapist can ask questions, receive instruction, and be supervised. The senior instructor will probably do some massage on you to demonstrate. They will remain in the room with you both for about 5 minutes.
When the massage is over, the student therapist will leave the room again so that you may rest for a minute, reassimilate, and get dressed. There will be a small questionnaire for you to answer in the treatment room to give your student therapist some feedback. If you enjoyed the massage, you may leave a gratuity in the room which the student therapist will receive when they come back to clean up. After that, you'll take on the rest of your day feeling renewed and refreshed!
nature of Massage Therapy lends itself to vulnerabilities on the
part of the client and the therapist. It is therefore imperative
that the boundaries are clearly defined and understood so that
all involved can have a healthy professional relationship. Thank
you for reading and honoring these policies.
1. Clients are expected to arrive relatively clean.
2. All conversations and personal information will be held by the Samara Massage Center in the strictest of confidence.
3. Any advice given to you is only advice and not a medical diagnosis.
4. If during your massage a symptom is discovered that massage is not suited to help with, you will be referred to a doctor.
5. Please communicate with your student therapist what ever needs to be modified to improve your massage; be it temperature of the room, music selection or volume, area being addressed, depth or pace of massage, or if you would like to talk or be silent. Our goal is for you to be happy with your experience, so feel free to talk to your therapist.
6. As there are many reactions that can arise out of receiving deeper bodywork, your therapist will educate you to the best of their ability so you know what you can expect during and after a massage.
7. If you are sick with an infection of any kind, please cancel.
8.The Samara Massage Center is providing professional massage therapy which is non sexual. If any client demonstrates any kind of inappropriate behavior, or initiates any inappropriate conversation or gestures toward the therapists, we will consider this sexual harassment and the massage will end immediately, full payment will be due, and you will not be able to come back to the center in the future.
9. Your privacy will be honored at all times. You will have the room to yourself while disrobing and getting dressed. During your massage, you will always be covered with a drape. Only the area being addressed will be temporarily uncovered if you see fit. Clothing under the drape is optional and your decision to make. Your student therapist will discuss your preferences at your initial consultation. If you are not bashful, please be mindful that we are, and remain under the drape at all times during your massage.
10. If you are late, your massage will be cut short so that the student therapist may remain on schedule.
11. If you need to cancel or reschedule your massage, please give us as much notice as possible so that we can fill your space and the student therapist can get their hours of practice in.
Frequently Asked Questions
should I do during a massage?
Make yourself comfortable. If the student therapist wants you to adjust your position they will either move you or will tell you what is needed. Many people close their eyes and relax completely; others prefer to talk. It's your massage, do whatever feels natural to you.
What should I expect afterwards?
Massage can be profoundly relaxing. Give yourself a moment to reorient before slowly getting up. After an initial period of feeling slowed down, people often experience an increase in energy that can last for several days. Other results may include pain relief, increased mobility or reduced stress. If you received deep work, you may have some tenderness after you massage. You never want to do any stressful work following your massage, and you should drink a great deal of water to help flush out the toxins.
Isn't massage a luxury? Can I afford it?
Massage is more than a luxury. It promotes health by relieving stress, reducing muscle tension, increasing circulation, and enhancing your overall energy. If you are concerned about affordability, talk to us about other options.
How frequently should I get a massage?
The more frequently you receive a massage, the more benefits you will notice. We can help you decide the best frequency for your appointments to meet your specific needs. If you feel you are under so much pressure you can't afford to relax, this may be the time you most need to take time out to strengthen your reserves.
How do I find out more?
You may still have questions, and you are right to be careful. Feel free to stop into the Samara Massage Center and we will be happy to discuss your questions before you book an appointment. But in the end, the best answers will come from experiencing a massage first hand.
Copyright © 2005 Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy SA - All rights reserved.